Friday, November 19, 2010

Time for a Break

Overwhelmed.

There are tests to pass, papers to write, meetings to go to, rehearsals, performances, study dates, actual dates, new workouts, new classes, new plans...  And the list goes on.

I feel like all I've been doing for the past three months is jumping from puddle to puddle... trying to make as many splashes as possible.

While this is fun and exciting, and what college is all about, it can get tiring.

Then two glorious words enter my life: Thanksgiving Break.

This is a week devoted to eating and relaxing.  I get to see my family, my grandparents, my cat, and my friends that I grew up with.

Thanksgiving Break always comes at the perfect time every year.  It comes right after "I feel like I'm loosing my mind" and right before "Oh gosh! I feel like Jack from The Shining."

I'm excited for warm smells of pumpkin pie, delicious turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, and the feeling of being on a break.

I think the thing that excites me the most is getting to feel like a kid again.

My mother, the perfect woman that she is, will do my laundry, cook for me, clean up after me, listen to my problems, make me smile, and allow me to feel the calmest I've felt in a long time.  She will dry my socks and put my wet feet in front of a crackling fire to warm them up after jumping in too many puddles.

Moms have that effect.  Thanksgiving Break has that effect.  Turkey has that effect.  Thank goodness it's finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment