Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jumping Buddies

Have you ever had a friend that just knows you?

These friends are very rare.  I think in your entire life you may have maybe three or four if you're lucky.

I am so incredibly fortunate to have two of these people in my life.  They know me inside and out.  They know when I need to be left alone and when I need someone to talk to.  They know what I am thinking without me even having to open my mouth.

I just visited one of these friends.  My Thanksgiving Break started before his did, so I drove to visit him, and some other great friends, at his school.

Now I hadn't seen him since August and we had a great time being reunited.  But there was no catching up that you normally have with friends you haven't seen in a while.

It was as if nothing had ever changed.  We were just hanging out together, talking about things that only the other would understand, and having so much fun.

These special friends, these best friends, allow you to not even think... and truly be yourself.  And you do the same for them.

The entire weekend I was jumping from puddle to puddle with this friend.  I was not even thinking about the puddle, the jump, or the splash.  I was simply living and loving every second of it.

I also think that the splashes I made were better because I was jumping with them.  And think about it... if you have two people jumping into the same puddle at the same time... you are going to see a bigger and a more beautiful splash.

I am so thankful for these best friends that I have in my life...  they are my jumping buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment